Tuesday 2 October 2007

Microsoft programmers use to smoke toners

I bought a used notebook.

A notebook, because I don't intend to bring my desktop computer on live stage.
Used, because new ones don't have the IEEE 1284 port the glove requires.

So, it's a Mitac MiNote 8575. Not a huge PC, but more than enough for my requirements.

Yesterday night I tried to reinstall Windows XP professional SP1, in order to have the cleanest situation possibile. I failed 'cause installation hangs up. No explanation, just a BSOD.

SO, I tried to install Windows XP professional first edition. I failed again, installation hangs up because setup can't read CD. Ok, it always worked but... it's fine.

This morning I came into office an tried a new, immaculate Windows XP professional SP1 a CD. This time it seems to work: setup copied files required for installation (lol), restarts machine and... no way: can't find "onlygodknows.cab" file. Tried several times and finally surrendered.

-.-

Ok, let's try to connect a USB drive... read from this. Let's brows... hey, where the hell is the browse button? THERE ISN'T! Are you kidding?!?

Ok, fine, I suppose if it's trying to read it from D:\i386, maybe it could search it in E:\i386.
And it does.
For one second.

Here it comes "anotherdamnedfile.cab", that Windows' setup cannot find. You stupid setup, why don't you search it in the position I just suggested you?

I had to reply "E:\i386" hundred times to make it work. Stunning.

Don't know what kind of drugs Microsoft's programmers and betatesters use to smoke, but I suggest everybody to keep away from them.

1 comment:

yanhong said...

If you need (or want) a computer that’s easy to take along,you can see it from mitac 8575 battery whcih offer the longlife and consistently reliable performance you need to get the most out of your notebook .